The mindfield of an IIT aspirant.

So here I am finally attempting to write a blog....hope it goes well.....
I am Anwesh, a sixteen-year-old guy, currently at a reputed coaching institute in Mumbai for my jee preparation. Perhaps, you have guessed by now that I am doing the customary ritual of preparing for the JEE. Perhaps most of you reading this blog [out of the handful of you :] have to undergo the same custom. Honestly, I believe that this has become an integral part of Indian culture. 

Why am I preparing for Engineering entrance examinations?

Parental pressure? naaah...
Wanna impress someone? Of course not.
My passion? Maybe??
Perhaps my passion<entrepreneurship>  drives me through the process?
Who knows.
Anyways, we all are conscious of the number of candidates in this prestigious examination. I can easily wager that 78-80% of the folks are just there filling up enrollment forms and paying ransoms for nothing. Why is this so?
THE RITUAL, 
Yes, the ritual of getting admitted to the IIT for the so-called "package" is what drives a myriad of people to into this trap. Lamentably, most are written off 
Consider the following:-


  1. Our Indian reasoning has always lead people to do things in the same old school way. To be specific, most people do what others do, just to avoid the "risk" factor. We are so scared of failures that we are bound to do what other folks are doing.
  2. Just to give you an instance: The key to the success of a brand in the Indian market is not innovation, design or functionality, but how cheap the product is, being somewhat useable at the same time. Most brands targetting the mass market have to keep in mind that customers won't pay loads of money for a commodity. So they basically try o make it as cheap and mainstream as possible and maintain the functionality at the same time.
  3. Like my family is using the same toothpaste since the last 16 years :p ( you perhaps guessed the brand of toothpaste since we all use it.)
  4. Colgate....duh
  5. So basically my point is not to say that doing engineering (oh! i forgot to include medical...ughghhh!!!.) is detrimental to health, but instead of solely taking it up as the only career option, you should try to cultivate your internal talents and manage that parallel to this course.                                                                                                                                    Now to clarify a couple of things before signing off. I really am not against the idea of this bizarre tradition. Education is a key aspect of a flourishing community. And there is always a reason why we are forced to perform the observance of engineering. However, you must also not forget that you are a landmine of opportunities and possibilities.  

This is my first blog on the internet and I am totally new to the system so please bear with me while I learn about the basics of blog writing. My future editions of writings will be uploaded on this site every Friday, so subscribe to be the first to read them.
Peace!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction To Mole Concept

Eruption to Bicycle